Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Natures Amazing Art

 In June of 2015 wile hiking with a friend in remote desert region of Oregon know as the Malheur River Country; we came across this little gem. He is a Mojave Black-collard Lizard (Crotaphytus Bicinctores) According to Oregon Fish and Game a somewhat common lizard in areas with large outcroppings of rock and boulders located on steep slopes. And that's exactly were we met up. I have taken artistic liberty's with my digital image of Mr. Blackcollar as I wanted to emphasize how impressive his colorful suit was. He was in perfect color harmony with the surrounding landscape and exhibited a most curious personality. He was as interested in us as we were with him. I have seen many types of lizards from all across the Western U.S. but never enjoyed the pleasure of seeing this one. Truly another great example of  Natures Amazing Art.
 
Len Sodenkamp www.sodenkampart.com

Digitally enhanced by me from my original image
 


No comments: