Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shifting gears

Acrylic on panel 24 x 48 by Len Sodenkamp

My Cosmic Light Series paintings www.len-sodenkamp.artistwebsites.com allows me to shift into another painting mode when I feel that lost sense of were to go. I love painting landscapes like my Earth Light Series but it is great to be able to shift gears to an old friend acrylic and it really helps me to stay prolific. The image below is the same acrylic painting as above as seen in the dark. It was over painted with rare earth phosphors in a clear acrylic vehicle. When dry it is invisible but in the dark it glows by emitting light it absorbs and it will stay visible all night. I call these paintings STARSCAPES® FX
LIGHTS ON LIGHT OFF .www.sodenkampart.com

I simply can not or will not become stagnant with my craft. I think it is a bunch of nonsense that artist fear experimenting or changing direction because they were told they wont come across as serious painters. The gallery folks who tell me they cant sell my talent because I am all over the place with my art bore me. I will not change my creative way; it provides me with what I need. Here is a great quote from a great painter Robert Glenn "Art is hard-earned work that is its own reward and has a degree of permanence." I say have fun with it, experiment, compose, get the love out and on the canvas; shift gears by all means because love always comes around full circle.

Happy painting,

Len

No comments: