Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chocolate Drop Mountain, Alaska


Photo by Terry Reed, Alaska

Oil on panel 16 x 24 inches by Len Sodenkamp, Idaho

Last week on Face Book I seen some great photography by Terry Reed, through this amazing communication tool I was able to connect with a fellow artist that otherwise would be unknown to me. She granted me permission to attempt to transmit her digital message onto my panel with brush and oil. The question I often ask myself is why? The image Terry made was more then enough to beautifully address this amazing place. Then why must I paint it; ego perhaps. Did I think I could do better? I believe it is for none of these reasons. When I paint from an image like Terry’s I want to feel that place; be there in my mind and experience that frozen moment in time for myself. I may never stand in that spot breathing in that place but thanks to her work I now have a more profound feeling about its magnificent latitude and longitude.

Intrested persons in Terry Reeds work or my work please feel free to contact me at the following sites 

Love Earth,

Len

1 comment:

greggart said...

Nice work Len! Hey, the weather is getting better. Next, weekend is Easter...what do you think about getting out May 7th?